Attention all Members who are interested in Upgrading Courses at our Training Centre.
TRAINING SCHEDULE & REQUIREMENTS*
Member must be in good standing and have 5400+ hours or equivalent union experience
- Blueprint Reading Course
- Certificate of Qualification Prep Course – Drywall Acoustic Mechanic & Lather
- Infection Control Risk Assessment
Contact the Training Centre for availability at 416-740-5411.
* Please note that a minimum amount of seats filled is required for the upgrading courses before start dates can be determined.
Members on the wait lists will be notified by email and must confirm their seat by calling IFSTC @ 416-740-5411.
In order to receive certification of completion for upgrading courses, members are required to attend all classes scheduled for each course.
- First Aid/CPR+ AED
- Basics of Supervising
[/vc_column_text][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column css_animation=”appear”][vc_column_text]Becoming the best at what you do requires knowledge and hands-on experience. We provide both at our Interior Finishing Systems Training Centre (IFSTC) in Woodbridge, Ontario, where we combine theory and practical skills.
Learning from the best, to be the best.
For more information about the Interior Finishing Systems Training Centre (IFSTC), please visit: www.ifstc.com
Drywall Acoustic Mechanic and Lather Apprenticeship Program
Drywall acoustic mechanic & lathers are similar to wood carpenters, except they build everything from heavy gage and light gauge steel studs (not wood studs) all year round, regardless of weather conditions.
Drywall Acoustic Mechanic & Lathers
• Erect various exterior and interior stud wall partitions,
• Install metal door frames,
• Window frames,
• A variety acoustical ceilings, and
• Precast mouldings for columns and ceilings
In addition, they also:
• Install x-ray shielding,
• Thermal and sound insulation, and
• A variety of drywall panels and metal and vinyl trims
• 5,400 Hours of Hands on Training
• Two 8 week in-school sessions (8 week basic and 8 week advanced)
At the IFSTC, we have developed several specialized upgrading courses designed to expand your personal and professional trade skills to help you progress and further yourself within your chosen career.
• Certificate of Qualification Exam preparation,
• Blueprint Reading,
• Layout, and much more.
Health and Safety Programs
Safety is our priority at the Interior Finishing Systems Training Centre.
With new trade regulations and an ever-changing and upgrading requirements for tools and equipment, we strive to deliver current, knowledgeable and informative health & safety training sessions to provide the best education to our course participants and members.
Our group of trained and certified instructors attend courses and trade shows annually to stay up-to-date with changes to machines, procedures, and training delivery standards. Health and safety is an integral part of developing our skilled trades people, and we have formatted the delivery of our courses to better serve both our members and contractors.
Members can conveniently attend health & safety training on weekday evenings, weekend days and weekdays. Contractors may conveniently choose to schedule their own training sessions, putting together a group of 20 or more members and arranging to bring the group to one of our training facilities.
At IFSTC we cover
• WHMIS (Wednesdays and Fridays)
• Fall Protection (Wednesday and Fridays)
• Asbestos Abatement Worker*
• Asbestos Abatement Supervisor*
• Propane in Construction (Thursdays)
• Confined Space Awareness*
• PEWPs (Thursdays)
• Suspended Access Equipment*
• First Aid Training (FEE)*
• Basics of Supervision*
The Interior Finishing Systems Training Centre provides 70,000 sq.ft of hands on learning and lecture room space within our 88,000 sq. ft. facility.
Automatically become a member of Local 675 of the Drywall, Acoustic, Lather and Insulation Union*. Learn the latest building techniques and earn real money while acquiring industry skills.
Statistics show that over the next decade the building industry in Canada will face significant skilled trades shortfalls. Our top of field, industry recognized, training ensures you have the necessary tools for success in the building industry.